Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My dog won't let me sleep...

Lucy (yellow lab) had some issues last night (salt water related). She has a sensitive stomach and can go into these weird gagging fits. It's rare, but when it happens, watch out. She woke me up at around 3am with a terrible noise after I had been asleep for merely 2 hours. She was shaky and having violent hiccups (which sounds weird I know) and the only thing that calmed her down was jumping up into my bed and snuggling right next to me. Once she did that she was happy and asleep.

Too bad I wasn't.

I didn't go back to sleep, not the true deep sleep that makes you feel refreshed and alive when you get up. ohhh no. I got the "close-your-eyes-and-pretend-you-are-sleeping-in-hopes-you-trick-yourself-into-really-going-to-sleep" sleep. Never works. As I am blogging my DH is blissfully snoring (loudly) next to me. *sigh*

And before you say "take her to the vet PRONTO" I've done that. She has absolutely nothing wrong with her, she just apparently has a sensitive tummy and reacts by gagging. Nice, huh? She's also allergic to wheat, corn, chicken, beef, and just about everything else you can think of. Oh, and pollen. So this time of year is awesome for her....

Oh, and so is Molly (black lab). Plus she's got a salt-water-ear-infection....

My poor doggies...

I did have my 2nd day back at work today. That's another story altogether.

On a positive note, AF arrived Sunday so I am officially in my "worth a shot" cycle. I wanted to start temping but see above. Hopefully I will get my sleep tonight to get an accurate read tomorrow morning.

And another YAY - a dear friend gave me some pointers on selling my finger puppets and other wares. Today, etsy. Tomorrow, THE WORLD :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not just your dog. My pitty and my friends pointer both have "issues" with salt water. Mine gets hiccups too and, well.....something out the other end that is not so pretty.

I LOVE your etsy shop.

Anonymous said...

Dogs are so funny with their issues. My Lucy has her own. but she sleeps with us every night- I know it's bad. I love having her next to me. But she can be a bed hog sometimes and it is always on my side! I want to see your fingerpuppets!!

Lucky Jones said...

Usually Lucy sleeps either at my head, on my feet, or on the floor. Molly ALWAYS has to be touching me when she sleeps so naturally she sleeps with me too. I mean, they ARE part of the family :) If fact, they are both cuddled up to me right now :)

My Etsy link is to the side!!

Coco said...

Aww poor pups! My baby has a gagging refelx problem too... it's gross. Hope they get to feeling better soon!