Thursday, May 7, 2009

Not alone

This week seems to be a particularly difficult one for most IF-ers. Just take a gander at my blog list to the right. I think it has to do with Mother's Day. I find it especially hard to look back at my TTC life and think I should be celebrating the day. I should be getting flowers from my husband. He should be whispering in my ear "you are a wonderful mom". My child(ren) should be making me heart-shaped pancakes and squeezing orange juice into an "I love you mom" mug. I should be getting a card signed in crayon. Instead I will wake up and make my own breakfast, call my mom to tell her how wonderful she is (and she is), and drive up to Seattle alone.

It's completely unfair. Why is it that the women who would make the best moms (yes, I am lumping myself into that category) struggle, while people like
this have no problem getting pregnant.

It makes no sense.

I feel like I have all but given up hope for a non-IVF conception. It's never worked before, why should it now?

6 comments:

Brandie said...

Very soon you will be having your heart shaped pancakes, crayon drawings, little arms around your neck telling you that you're the best mommy in the world! You deserve it and God will make that happen. ((hugs))

Chele said...

Hugs Carol. I don't know why either, but keep positive thoughts and prayers for you that you will soon be growing a baby.

And you just may have a non IVF baby because you will have my lucky HPTS giving you extra luck and you just had a humongous growth removed from your uterus.

Hang in there!

Coco said...

It boggles my mind too. Hang in there girl.

Anonymous said...

*hug*

You're right. It's so unfair.

(I got my necklace yesterday, I adore it. Thank you.)

Unknown said...

i'm sorry sweetheart...i'm hugging you in my heart and i know you will be having your mother's day! you will be an amazing mother...i love you so much sis...

Team Marmanbee said...

OMG - your link mad me laugh (first time in a few days!). And I totally think you're right, Mother's Day is taking its toll. And every where I turn there seems to be someone pregnant! Argh!

But I'm sure we'll all get to celebrate Mother's Day in the very near future :-)