Monday, March 1, 2010

Appt update (good)

So far everything is fine :) babies are 4 lbs 10 oz and 4 lbs 14 oz - the girl is the bigger one. They didn't check my cervix because I'm not having preterm labor signs at all and in a week or two I'm in the clear anyway. Funny thing is I lost 2 lbs. Which makes sense to me. Any time I cut sugar I drop weight like crazy.

So I have 9 1/2 lbs of babies, about 4 lbs of placenta, and 4 lbs of amniotic fluid. So over half of my weight gain is directly baby related. Plus there's the uterine weight gain, the bbs gain, etc. No wonder I have no sense of balance...

Boy is head down and girl is breech. Doesn't matter a whole lot since I am having a ceserean anyway. Which has not been scheduled. I still think 35-36 weeks is where it's gonna be.

My next appt isn't for another 2 weeks. Which means two more weeks of cabin fever. I was so happy to get out today but I got so tired. But it was nice to look like a girl and do my hair and makeup. I clean up well....

5 comments:

Once Upon A Time said...

Sounds great! I felt the same way about my appointment last Thursday... I did my hair just for my OB and the nurse. :) I think a nap is in order after all that excitement in one day.

Unknown said...

yay!! i figured you were fine, but it's also good to hear..:) i'm still thinking you are going to get past 36 weeks...that's only 3 weeks away! yikes! i can't believe you will be holding your babes in about a month...holy moly! can't wait to see their little faces..:)

the other thing that contributes to weight is the amount of blood you have. you actually produce alot more when pregnant than normally when not. so figure another 3 lbs or so of that. with xi i gained 15 pounds total, but 8 and half of that was her, her placenta was a good 5 lbs..it was huge! and amniotic fluid another 4-5, plus blood...we figured i actually lost about 15 pounds while pregnant as i lost body weight and only had a baby belly, plus i weighed less the day after she was born than when i first got pregnant. with lola..i just gained..haha!

so glad you got out and got to hear really good news...now take it easy and just take it appointment by appointment...

love you sis!!

Coco said...

Soooooo happy things are still progressing well! I can't wait to meet those too!

sweetpeanme said...

BIG babies!!! WOW!! You're growin' 'em good momma!!

35-36 weeks...just around the corner!!! :o)

Kris and Laura said...

They are almost here! OMGosh! YAY! I know you're just beside yourself.

Positive thoughts that they'll keep cooking a little longer. They seem to be cozy in there.

Keep it up mama, good job!