Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ok, time to chill....

Josh and I had a nice conversation about my worries. He is adamant on making sure that my and the babies needs (sanity) are met. I explained to him that I was worried that MIL would take offense over everything. I wanted him to understand that after us and the babies, my mom is next in line of importance. I can't do this without my mom. And I can't have anyone stay at the house, regardless of who they are. BUT if I decide that I do want someone (ie my mom) to stay overnight then it's my prerogative. To quote Bobby Brown. Or Britney Spears if you will. So he promised me he would take care of it. :)

I'm sitting now in a movie theater waiting for Sherlock Holmes to start. I love Robert Downey Jr. Ever since Less Than Zero. He's fantastic.

Yesterday Josh and I went to Hot Topic to but a t-shirt. I discovered they only carry baby stuff online now. Noooo! Anyway. I forgot I had a massive belly, bent down at the knees to pick something up, and lost my balance. Fell right on my ass. Didn't hurt myself, don't worry. Josh and I were joking that it wouldn't be the last time I embarrassed my kids!

I get my house back tomorrow. :) I get to re-reorganize my kitchen (its all out of order since visitors arrived). I get to have the upstairs room back to begin organizing baby stuff. I get to not have to worry about anyone but me, Josh, and the babies. We are all pretty self-sufficient.

Ok movie is about to start :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i'm so glad you and josh had a good talk. he will for sure be your protector and make sure you and babies are first and foremost..:) i love that bro in law of mine..;)

hope the movie was good!! we missed you on xmas, but i came home to the yummiest treats in my mailbox..hahah thanks!!!

love you sis!!!

VelvetJinxx said...

You're the mom and you're the boss! I agree!

I told my MIL "no cooking" when I came home from the hospital. I'm neurotic about messes and we can just order in.

What did she do the night after I came home? Fried up some nasty greasy beef (I'm a vegetarian) and it was splattering *everywhere*. I was like PLEASE STOP and you know what she said? "You'll have to get over it. My son wants sausage."

Horror. Anyway, I hope you get the plan set in iron.

K said...

Ack! Ok, I laughed just a teeney weeney bit when you said you fell on your ass. Sorry....I am laughing because I feel off balance regularly these days and worry about something like that. So happy you are 24 weeks...seems like just yesterday....?