Monday, January 18, 2010

3hr test - check!

I had my 3hr GTT test this morning. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but it still sucked. I hadn't eaten anything since midnight last night and the glucose solution was nasty. It tastes like red bull. Blech.

So my first hour was ok. The babies were having a little party in my belly. The second hour I started feeling woozy and laid down on a bench in the waiting room and promptly went to sleep. Woke up, had more blood drawn, went back to sleep. Then had my last draw and I was free to go :) She had to take 3 draws from one arm because she couldn't find a vein in my other. She got it once but that was it.

I have had blood drawn 6 times in as many days now (5 in one arm). I'm hoping there will be no more. I am praying that my prep work for this pays off. I will find out in a couple of days :) ok, going back to sleep now :)

3 comments:

sweetpeanme said...

YOU HAD A PLACE TO SLEEP!!?? Lucky duck...that must have made it a bit more pleasant!!

Can't wait to hear the results...I'm sure you're fine!

Once Upon A Time said...

Ugh- so glad that's over for you. Crossing my fingers for good results!

VelvetJinxx said...

Fingers crossed!!! Ugh, and how boring to be there for 3 hours!