Wednesday, January 13, 2010

26 weeks, appt, busy day!

Me and my belly waiting to get blood drawn ;)

Ahhh, could my day have been any better?


We started out getting up, dressed and first stop starbucks. I don't often go there anymore because of the cost... Afterward we went to my ultrasound and dr appointment. My little girl is measuring 2 days ahead now and weighs 2.2lbs :) And my boy is also 2 days ahead and weighs 2.1lbs! She weighed less at the last u/s, so she's really caught up! They both wiggled, kicked, and squirmed all over the place, but thankfully we got the anatomy scans on both. It took nearly 2 hours! My super-cervix is still tightly closed and 4.2cm. So babies are doing fantastic, I'm doing great, and all is well! My dr and u/s tech both said it couldn't be going better and that it's "textbook" :) So we figured I can go to 38 weeks and deliver, which means we will see our babies sometime before our 11 year anniversary on April 10th. we haven't scheduled it yet but he suspects it will be between 04/04 and 04/09 :) YAY!


After that we went downtown to grab lunch and see some of my old work folk. I walked into the store and my boss was there whom I haven't talked to since I left at 17 weeks. She was great, she said I looked great and was so happy that things were going well. I also saw 3 of my coworkers and was so happy I got to :) they said that the entire store was fighting over who would be able to go to my shower in a few weeks. I just think they should shut down the store and all come :) but I think companies frown on that....


Then we went to see our insurance agent and got all squared away with life insurance. Did I mention that Josh used to be an agent and worked with that agent and staff for a while? It was really great to see them all and getting our policies taken care of was surprisingly painless. How grown-up are we?!


THEN we went to the hospital to do the maternity tour. There were 7 or 8 other couples in the class. We had to go around with our introductions and when I said we were having twins we got the "AWWWWW!!" across the entire room. Josh and I later joked that after that none of the other unborn babies mattered cuz they didn't get the warm recepetion we did LOL! We always joke when we see one infant and think "underachievers"... Of course it is totally a joke - with twins I think the joke will be on us (at least for the first few months!)... But as you know we couldn't be happier with our blessings and are always estatic for every parent we know and see. Babies are truly a miracle! Anyway, the tour went well, they have a great facility and a great care philosophy. They also don't do a lot of deliveries there, so the staff is very one on one and totally dedicated. We saw the nursery and there was this tiny beautiful baby in there! It got me all misty-eyed :)


THEN we decided to get dinner. Mind you we started the day leaving the house at 9am and by this time it was after 7pm. We decided to go to Old Spaghetti Factory (after my doc mentioning it I was thinking about it all day) and they were having a great special for their 41st anniversary - 41% off their most popular entrees! Which included salad, bread, dessert, and a basic drink. We got out of there for $26 because we felt sorry for the waitstaff hustling around and gave a 50% tip :)


Now, HOME ahhh! So tired, but such a great day :) and spent with my #1 person in the world :)


I just hope that the results for my glucose tolerance test today will continue the good luck :)
AND I want to give a shout-out CONGRATULATIONS!!! to my dear friend Brandie! She is officially pregnant and I couldn't be happier for her :) You all need to get over to her blog and show her some love!

3 comments:

Brandie said...

Awwww!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day with your sweetie and of course I'm glad the babies are growing like little weeds :) I'm so happy for you...and I had to LOL at the underachiever part. bahaha!!! You're hilarious.

Unknown said...

a few months huh? hahah! just wait until those twins are teenagers...i'm already nervous about it with my girls! LOL

so happy all is well! jonathon is getting married on the 9th of april so i will be here for that of course, but the girls and i are going to try and come out soon after that if you are up for it...;) i am so excited!! and i'm very pleased to hear that the doc wants you to get as close to 40 weeks as possible. so much better for the babies..yay!

it may take us girls longer to get pregnant, but so far all of us have been good at cooking those babies. i'm not surprised you are doing so well...:) i love you...miss you...think about you everyday as the needles go clickety clack, clickety clack....

xoxoxoxox

Once Upon A Time said...

What a productive day! You must have been exhausted after that. :)