Sunday, November 8, 2009

What's in a name?

So we have been thinking of names for our little ones... I also think we aren't really going to decide until we see the little ones, so you may see names on this blog that are just in our heads and not necessarily the names of "Rice Cake and Rice Cakette" (thanks to Jenna for the nicknames!)...

I can tell you however we aren't very traditional in our name choices. You will not see Michael or Michelle here, nor will you see more common trendy names, such as McKenzie or Tyler. While I have nothing at all against these names, Josh and I are a teeny bit more unique than that...

I DO love some boy names for my little daughter, such as Dylan or Chase or even Cash (I adore Johnny Cash). But I also like super girly names like Chloe or Lily.

For our little boy we are seriously thinking Dexter. Little Dex. But we aren't ruling out other names like maybe Callum, although I am not thrilled with the nickname "Cal", it reminds me of Cal Worthington and his Dog Spot. For those who were products of the Eighties, especially in Orange County, CA, you will know what I am talking about...

We already know our daughter's middle name will be Anne. It's my and my mom's middle name. Our son's middle name will be David, Josh's dad's first name and Josh's middle name.

Woah. I just said "our daughter" and "our son"...

Any suggestions???

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i always thought if we had another daughter we'd name her elliott..;) if it's something you like, please take it as i don't see anymore babes in my future (says the old granny lady) LOL

dexter is just awesome for so many reasons..:)

remember dad bought a car from cal? biggest lemon...haha!

love you!

Coco said...

That is so cool that you are having a boy and a girl! Yay! I, personally love both the name Chloe and Lilly. Hubs loves Chloe too so if we ever have a girl we'll probably use that. Oh and I really like Dex!

Once Upon A Time said...

I think you should go with Lily, because my husband won't let me even consider that name and then I can live vicariously through you. As for boy names... I like Dexter- I'm not sure Dexter David goes together though?...