Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Update from my Dr appt

So my appointment went well today. I got to hear my babies hearts beating away, which is always great :) Plus my doctor pulled me out of work. With the contractions, spotting, and overall discomfort without much to do about it we both thought it was for the best. I am freaked out but relieved that I don't have to worry about the need to be on my feet, even for a few hours. Being in retail I can't not be on my feet all day, and with the holidays coming up I can't fathom the idea of literally running around all day...

So I am really hoping that my HR dept will cooperate and give me my disability. My last conversation with them went well, they wanted to put me at part time because my doctor initially pulled me down to 6 hours a day. I was able to fned that off by letting them know I had my followup today. So technically I am still full time. Which means I am still entitled to my benefits. I left a message for the rep I have been talking to, so she should call me back tomorrow.

So there you have it! No work for me, at least for a while :) Now I can fully concentrate on growing my babies and keeping them healthy. That is the absolute most important thing to me, I can't imagine putting them in jeopardy by putting myself in jeopardy of pre-term labor, preeclampsia, or placenta previa. With all of the studies that have been done on the effects of constant standing and pregnancy risks, it was kind of a no-brainer. Being high risk as it is I will do what I can!

1 comment:

Meganlux said...

good decision! kick back and enjoy nesting and the holidays! if you do any cool crafts please post pics!