Thursday, November 12, 2009

First day as a "Homemaker" (stop laughing)

So what did I do on my first day of not working?

Lemme see... I woke up at 8:30... had some toast, made hot chocolate (soo much cheaper AND better than my daily stop star.bucks...

Kissed Josh bye when he left for work... Then I decided to be miss domestic and I made bread. From scratch. and it was yummy:

It was a cinnamon bread recipe and oh so good... I usually make bread with my breadmaker, but this was my first normal loaf. Oh, and by "usually make bread" I mean "rarely make bread".

Tomorrow I am going to attempt pumpkin bread....

I also painted these totes:

I ordered the totes from ecobags dot com a while back. They are canvas/hemp and super cool. They are about the size of those reusable bags you get from the grocery store but how much cooler are they? The owl's eyes & wings and the elephant's ear are hand-stitched felt... look for them on esty soon!
I also snuggled with my dogs on the couch and watched bad tv....
Tomorrow I have to go over to my old store to drop off my keys and pick up my paycheck. Thank God it isn't my last check... I still have this week, vacation, maybe sick time, and disability coming to me over the next 2 months.... Josh keeps making comments about me being "unemployed"... Technically I still have a job...
That's pretty much it :) I am slowly dipping my toe in the housewife pool. So far the water is nice and warm, but totally alien to me. I guess I will just get used to it!

3 comments:

Once Upon A Time said...

JEALOUS- and I want some of that bread. YUM!

VelvetJinxx said...

Oh, yeah, this is the life! I remember that first few days - I think I was like 7 months pregnant. Good BYE office crap!

Thanks for the heads up w/Shell BTW :)

Unknown said...

you will love it! and technically you do have a full time job...growing humans and then taking care of them! hardest job on the planet to be honest..;)

i love the totes and knew you'd be crafting immediately! enjoy it all...you deserve it...:)

*smooch*