Friday, July 31, 2009

Strange or Normal? TMI edition

I am sure this is all about the drugs I am taking (estrace, baby asprin, doxycycline, medrol,prenatal, and PIO shots.... I think that's it), but I have the weirdest pains. My uterus feels full like I am going to have a doozy of an AF or like I have to pee. It is actually uncomfortable to walk around, even at work. Anyone else have this feeling? Last check on my lining was 11.5mm and I have been in triple pattern for a while now, so I would imagine I have a nice thick lining now since that was last Sunday. So that's it, right?

My boobs hurt too, I know that has everything to do with the PIO shots. Speaking of which...

I have had 2 shots so far. Josh is a pro at giving them to me and they don't hurt so far. But the whole idea that they are going to start hurting freaks me out a bit. josh makes sure I don't see the needle at all, he waits until my back is turned and my eyes are closed before he takes the cap off. So sweet :)

So my embies have been incubating for 3 days now. They should have 8 perfect cells and all snug in their petri dish beds, waiting for their home on Sunday. Tomorrow they should begin compacting and by Sunday morning be blastocysts.

Still babies to me...

The embryologist hasn't called me about them or how they are doing. I take it as "no news is good news".

I guess we will find out Sunday morning!

I will most likely not have an update until Tuesday. I will be on bedrest for 48 hours following the transfer and I don't think my notebook computer on my lap will be a good idea. Well, maybe a little update from my phone... But I will post pictures of the embies when I can. As Katie calls them "baby's first picture", which I love...

9 comments:

VelvetJinxx said...

Aw, the precious little gems need their mama!

HUGE +++++ vibes :))))))

'Murgdan' said...

:-) So exciting. Oh, and I hate that there are no update calls....I didn't get any past Day 2 either.

IF Optimist, then... said...

This is really exciting. It looks like you'll have some day-5 embies. That totally rocks! I would put a pillow on my lap to shield me from the heat, etc and use my laptop. I had mega sore boobs and sore ovaries and a sense of fullness. I think that's typical. Also once you get the transfer there will be lots of wiggling and blurbling. It's kind of fun. :-)

Once Upon A Time said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am for you! I agree with the pillow under the laptop- or set it next to you. I just can't wait until Tuesday! It is amazing how once you see them you instantly fall in love, even though they are a bunch of cells and don't have chubby cheeks to kiss yet.

All your feelings sound completely normal- nothing out of the ordinary. Did it just start or has it been like that since the ER? My guess is it is more ER related, b/c your follicles are still huge and it takes a while for them to get back to normal.

Best When Used By said...

I do think the pains you are experiencing are related to the meds. Just mention it to your doctor when you go for the transfer. Wow...just a few more days! I am so excited and hopeful for you. I too had to be on strict bedrest. I propped the laptop on a 3-ring binder next to me, turned ever so slightly on my hip (pillows propped under my butt) and typed slowly. But if you feel better waiting a few days, we'll wait and look forward to your post and pictures! Best of luck!

M said...

best of luck for your et =) sounds like a great cycle so far!

Eileen said...

Good luck! Sending good vibes your way. Just had my transfer today.

Unknown said...

call me...please...i'm thinking about you so strongly and have your old number on the phone. jason's got submerged, which had your current info..*sigh*

i love you so much sis...

Jenn said...

I just read all of your recent posts to get myself caught up after being away for a week. Wow! So much has happened in such a short time! So happy for you & can't wait to hear how the transfer went. Congrats on the "babies"! ;-)
-Jenn-