Tuesday, July 21, 2009

10 minute warning

The whole "wait ten minutes and it won't sting as much" thing... yeah, total lie.. It still hurt.

I have an appointment tomorrow that I think my father in law will have to take me to. Cuz GUESS WHAT? my car died today. I hope the conversation isn't too uncomfortable...

It began to overheat on the way home, I had to abandon it in a parking lot near my house and call Josh in a frantic panic. I have never ever had car issues. Well, not to the extent of stalling and trying to start it only to see steam/smoke/I don't know coming from the hood. So early tomorrow morning I will go over to my sweet, sad car and try putting some water and oil in it in the hopes it will start again. If not, well, I'm screwed.

Tomorrow is Josh's birthday. He may be getting me a car for his birthday. boo....

BUT at least I have the option of taking the train into work if need be. So that's cool.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Haha, that nurse was talking out of her @ss.

Sorry about your car. That would be uncomfortable with FIL taking you to your appointment. eeek

Unknown said...

i was going to say that about the train. car problems suck...hopefully it's an easy fix and not the head gasket. i'll cross my fingers.

yeah...i'd be uncomfortable if my FIL had to take me too. keep the conversation light..haha!

wish you were here but glad you are not because of your procedure. i'm going to start saving to fly to portland for my birthday if all goes well...teehee...love you!!!

IF Optimist, then... said...

Sorry about your car. I read the 10 minute thing yesterday and thought "Oh good a handy tip." Today I read the reality and snorted. Oh well. I'm sure your FIL can hang out at a coffee shop around a corner while you have your appointment, but um yeah. Awk. Ward.

Best When Used By said...

Can you ice your skin before taking the shot? I've not taken that med so I must plead ignorance. So sorry your car died! Hopefully the water and oil will bring it back to life. I had a car die in the middle of the street once, and I've never forgotten it - it's a horrible feeling. Good luck with your FIL taking you to your appt (look out the window a lot).