Sunday, June 7, 2009

Going downtown....

So I was asked (told) to take over a store in downtown Portland.. It's a good thing because:

  • I get to go into a boutique-ey retail store. High end. Fancy schmancy. NOT factory/outlet.
  • I get to really work with the clients instead of selling last year's$9 tee shirts to 14 year olds.
  • I can take the MAX train to work. Nice!!
  • Much closer to my Dr's office
THE Cons:
  • I got comfortable at my store.
  • I will have a whole new staff. So new challenges.
  • I have been bonusing every month. It's difficult to do that at retail stores.
  • I am gonna miss my staff. Especially a couple of my managers. I can count on them for everything...

So it's a good thing overall. The manager there is taking my store. So it's a lateral move so no more $$$ She feel the same way. Happy for a change, happy for a job, but a little bit weirded out by it. The change is effective in a week....

On to IVF news. Well, no real news other than I go to my second class on Tuesday and I have a post-op visit Wednesday morning. I will find out then what day I start my suppression.

I am now comtemplating going to the beach today. It's a cold, blustery, rainy day, which Josh and I love.... one problem? Dogs have ear infections from the heat wave last week and ocean water will only make them worse... but they do have drops so I think we will risk it.... I can't miss an opportunity to relax and look at the ocean....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh man...that is one thing about living in austin...no ocean. we miss it, even though we do love our place here.

sounds like the manager move will be a good thing overall. i know change is hard, but you are really good at transitions so i'm betting it will turn out to be more fun in the long run..:) how exciting working in a high end store..hehe

Chele said...

Sounds like a good move for you. I hope you settle in quickly.

Good luck with the class. Keeping +++ vibes for you.

I hope the furbabies ears are better soon.

Coco said...

Good luck girl!

Team Marmanbee said...

Congrats on your new position! And so jealous you get to go to the beach. Hope you had fun with the dogs :-)