Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pre-Op visit today

I had a Pre-Op meeting with my doctor today. I am feeling SO much better about this all. He said that my surgery should be complication-free due to where the fibroid is. He also has an excellent track record - 11 years performing this type of surgery and has never had to give a transfusion or had any other major complications. The main thing I would need to worry about is infection and the other after-surgery crap. But I do feel very confident in this now. I am hoping this is IT.

This stupid fibroid has been pumping estrogen into my system, and after it's out I may actually ovulate on my own, feel better, and lose some weight!*

* a sore subject with me - I have worked out like mad, ate like a rabbit, and even thought thinner with nary a pound lost or an inch melted. I used to be skinny, and I am not fat, but I would love to see some sort of result from my hard work...

3 comments:

Chele said...

YAY! Good news..... I'm feeling very positive for you too!

Unknown said...

i'm so happy for you dear! i keep telling mom this surgery is the good kind. this time next year we will be waiting with baited breath for dexter/daphne or both!! you will do fine...

oh, and barbara darling has some yummy recipes in store for your recovery..just take your meds and eat what she feeds you..hehe i love you sis..

Unknown said...

oh...and the weight loss thing...yeah..umm..i have no fibroid excuse dammit! haha will these 15 pounds ever leave my short frame?

i bet you look as fabulous as always..:)