Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bedrest....

I am on day 4 of my bedrest and seriously, I am going bonkers.

I have just a couple more major things to get before the babies arrive, and instead of going out with Josh to get them and having a good time of it, he's gotta go out on his own and snap photos of what he finds so I can say yay or nay from the (un)comfort of my couch. One (well, two) of the things we still need are carseats. I found the ones that I want - Graco Pippin - but guess what? Nobody's got it in stock. I have searched and searched. I really want to use my gift cards to buy them but I will have to use them for something else. And I wanted to get them at a local babies-r-us because the website doesn't honor any kind of multiples discount, but the stores all do. And I have an additional 15% off on top of that. So Josh is gonna go out and get alternative carseats. Problem? I need to find some that will snap onto a double travel system stroller. And they need to match. And not be cutesy. The Pippin line with brown and green vintage elephants are as cutesy as I am gonna get...

I also want to go get things that I don't necessarily need, but just want to get. I guess shopping online is almost as good, right?

I did a no-no and went through all of the babies' clothes last night. My Dr told me specifically "no nesting" and minimal getting up from my spot, but I DID have to go through the clothes (I did it sitting on my bed). I have onesies for days, footie sleepers, and enough blankets to swaddle a football team. BUT a lot of my basics are either neutral or boy stuff. I would say it's 70%/30% in favor of the boy/neutral. My baby girl doesn't have as much as my boy!! So I feel like I need to even out the closet. I don't really need to, it just doesn't feel right. And it's funny that I have been all "no pink, flowers, butterflies" but the pink things I have for her are really adorable.

So on to the bedrest. Ugh. I want to get up and clean my house, do my laundry, etc. My brain is in full nesting mode and it's torture that I can't act on it. BUT it's for the babies. I need to heed Dr orders.

I have a feeling that if my cervix is still not cooperating I will be blogging from the hospital next week. At least all nesting temptation will be taken away from me. And I won't have to deal with trying to figure out my breakfast/lunch/dinner. That's been tough. I can't be on my feet so I have to rely on Josh to make me food. He works so I have to fend for myself for breakfast and lunch. I am gonna have to have him make me food the day before so I can just grab it and bring it right back to my couch.

Or I can train the dogs to be gourmet chefs....hmmmm....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

unless there are drastic changes, i'm betting you won't be in the hospital...i hope not anyway!!! stay off your feet! feet up, reclining and on your side as much as possible. i know it's a pain...i wish i was there to help during the day!

i've got tons of girl clothes for you, not newborn, but tons of baby on up...and a huge box of cloth diapers as well. i'll get those in the mail in the next couple weeks. i used prefolds the first 4 weeks or so with the girls as they worked well with wool soakers and other covers while they were tiny still. so i'll send what i have of those as well..;) and i'll knit up some soakers for you and send the instructions on washing and care...super easy to be honest..:)

just hang in there.....i love you!

BB said...

Hon, I very well know how tough this is! But remember, nothing is more important than them staying inside your womb for at least a few more weeks!!! My cervix was around 2.2 cm at around 26w... I know things can change any moment, but as of now at 31w, I am still at home (7th week)! Try to take it easy.

Online shopping is the way to go! I swear by Amazon.com... besides the clothes that I bought around Thanksgiving, every single item I have purchased has been online!

Amber said...

Bedrest is a bummer, but so worth it! I was lucky to only experience a few days of it. Hope you're able to stay home and not make a trip to the hospital.

sweetpeanme said...

Hang in there girl!!! I think "nesting" from your bed is okay...just stay laying/seated as much as possible!

Maybe you could get an old college fridge and put it next to the couch? I had my parents bring over my old one just in case I had to go on bedrest. That way you can stock it with beverages and all kinds of yummyness...maybe even get a little microwave too!! :o)

Do that online shopping!! Its the best!! :o)