Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Happening... well... wasn't so much...

punch-buggy-blue

Dear M. Night Shyamalan-adingdong,

I have one question for you... why?

Why would you put out AMAZING films such as Signs, The Sixth Sense, even The Village (or as I call it "the Willage") and then put out a piece of poo like The Happening?

Yes, The Happening has a decent storyline, but the acting... oh dear God in heaven...

Couldn't you have either directed Marky Mark* to not act douche-bag-like or cast someone else entirely? And what's with the lack of a weird twist we are all so accustomed to see...

Some of my favorites twists:


So why no twist, bad acting, and less than stellar dialogue (to put it nicely)?

I have my theories...



  1. You ran out of ideas

  2. You don't care anymore (nooooo!!!)

  3. You have a film contract with some company you don't like and you are sabotaging your efforts....

So all in all it was a poorly executed, badly acted, made-me-wanna-kill-myself feel good movie...


I want the old M. Night Shyamalan back... I also want my 2 hours and $13.50 back...



*Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Mark Wahlberg, I mean did you SEE him in Boogie Nights??? Don't worry, Marky Mark, you are still on my list...

No comments: