Friday, October 1, 2010

Playing ketchup ;)

Well, catch up.  not ketchup. That would be messy.

So here's how September went:

  1. Both Dylan and Riley can sit fairly well, but they don't have the "controlling your excitement" thing down so the both throw themselves backward. So they sit in their Boppies or on my lap. Or on my bed..
  2. They have officially tasted solids! We are on rice cereal and green veggies. I think we will probably do various green veggies for at least the next few weeks before we move on to orange veggies and then fruits. Althought they did each suck on a slice of honeydew over Labor Day weekend and loved every second of it :) I made some baby food from scratch using this great book called Baby Love... great book!!
  3. They are growing leaps and bounds. Today I put Riley in her walker and was shocked when her feet touched the floor. When did that happen???
  4. Dylan is undoubtedly a redhead. Sorry kid. ;) Actually I love it!
  5. Riley is learning to play us really, really well. Uh oh.
  6. Riley has been waking up super early every morning. It's so annoying. She also rolls everywhere. I willl lay her on her blankie on the floor and immediately she's on her tummy, just looking around like it's the most normal thing in the world!
  7. Dylan can roll over, he just chooses not to.
  8. Riley also sleeps on her side now. It looks weird. Anyone elses babies do that? 
Me? I am fine. I feel ok, but I kinda want to lose some lb's. I am the same weight I was prepregnancy, but I would love to be thinner... Oh and I also had a serious pregnancy scare freak-out. But I'm not.

We are preparing for Halloween - I made Riley's costume, and got Dylan's, but I think I am getting another one for him, this one is too hot and a pain in the butt to get on and off. But it's really, really cute :) I also got my costume. Josh is being a party pooper and won't dress up. BOO....

Um, YEAH they are cute.. :) My little monsters!!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

They are so adorable Carol! I LOVE Rileys hair and can't wait for my Rylie to have that much hair.

Firehouse mama said...

Gorgeous!!! Both of them. I can't believe how much they've grown since your first pictures :)